Tuesday, December 18, 2018

































I have been in the Northland area for the last 4 days, so I thought I would illustrate these regions. I believe they are called "provinces" & I am pretty sure to hit all of them, since there are none that are solely in the high regions in central South Island - high and cold snow peaks. That little island on the south end? Stewart Island & I don't think that's on the agenda though there does appear to be a ferry for the 381 people that live there.

3 comments:

  1. On the South Island in the town of Invercargill, there is a statue of the legendary Burt Monro, the world record setting figure, played by Anthony Hopkins in "The World's Fastest Indian". Seeing that and getting a picture of the statue and his Indian on display there at E Hayes Hardware...and any other Burt Monro stuff, like perhaps some locals would know of things like the section of the beach he rode his bike on...(featured in the film) would be very high on my to-do list if I were there. But, I know how you are about towns, and all, but I, for one, would love to see you at least get some pictures of that statue and his machine...Dave J....>>>
    https://nzfrenzysouth.wordpress.com/f8/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Location of the Statue >>>
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g255120-d12253417-Reviews-Burt_Munro_Statue-Invercargill_Southland_Region_South_Island.html

    ReplyDelete